Top 10 Common Animal Diseases
Pets as well as people will sometimes get sick, suffering from a number of diseases such as cholera, gastritis, pneumonia, etc. Each disease will have different levels of danger. But looking at them, if not detected and treated in time, will make the situation more serious, leading to the death of the pet.
Therefore, in order to achieve high productivity and efficiency in livestock production, people need to understand the basic knowledge about the disease symptoms of livestock and how to treat them. To learn more about this issue, let's go to Topnlist to learn more in the article below.
Top 10 Common Pet Diseases You Should Know.
- Reason: There are many causes of this condition, but the most common is due to livestock infection with Shigella, Salmonella, E.coli bacteria due to chemical poisoning, climate change, sudden change of food in the stomach.
- Symptom: Pets often excrete many times a day, the feces are yellow, have a sour smell, and liquid form will often cause body disorders.
- Treatment: Add water, electrolytes, digestive enzymes. Use drugs noradrenalin, camphora, gentatylo, tylosin.
- Prevent: Cover carefully to avoid wind with small pets, clean the place of residence, change the food slowly.
- Reason: Pets often experience constipation because of motility disorders of the large intestine, rectum, and anal spasm. Animals use a lot of antibiotics.
- Symptom: Pets cannot defecate, or have hard, dry stools
- Treatment: Medicines such as methyl cellulose derivatives, Nourse Lactobacillus, sorbitol, can be used.
- Prevent: In pet food, it is necessary to ensure the necessary amount of fiber, add foods with fat.
- Reason: Animals have not adapted to the change of food or the weather. In addition, there are other causes such as eating dirty food, experiencing complications from diseases such as cholera, paratyphoid, helminth infections, etc.
- Symptom: animals are anorexic, thin, faeces are not pelleted, mucus is dark in color.
- Treatment: Infusion of physiological solution, isotonic glucose. In severe cases such as bleeding, activated charcoal should be used, pain relievers, prednisolone intramuscular injection. Combination of anti-inflammatory drugs Aspirin, Bismuth nitrate base, digestive enzyme supplements.
- Prevent: Limit the use of too much coarse food
- ReasonAnimals are often cold in winter, infected with pneumococci, debilitated, malnourished, etc.
- Symptom: Pets with pneumonia often have symptoms of high fever, difficulty breathing, strong cough, possibly coughing up blood, and pale mucous membranes.
- Treatment: Vitamin supplements, antibiotics, caffeine injections
- Prevent: In winter, measures should be taken to shield carefully, avoid drafts into the accommodation of pets.
- Reason: Anemia is common in young animals, caused by cutting umbilical cord blood does not clot. Due to pets fighting causing wounds, not eating enough nutrients or due to parasitic diseases of the blood sugar.
- Symptom: The animal is always in a state of fatigue, pale green mucous membranes, loss of appetite.
- Treatment: Provide more vitamins for pets, supplement food with many nutrients, supplement blood.
6. Illness Care
- Reason: Due to the virus attacking the nervous system, it is necessary to go for biochemical tests and urinalysis to make a diagnosis.
- Symptom: High fever, watery eyes, pus formation, mucous membranes are inflamed, pets have difficulty breathing, often vomiting continuously, walking unsteadily, if severe, may have convulsions. Or pustules on the face, abdomen, and groin are common in puppies from 2-6 months.
- Treatment: This is a quite dangerous disease, there is no treatment, so take it to a veterinary clinic and ask for a doctor's advice.
7. Demodex scabies
- Reason: Due to symbiotic Demodex Canis bacteria on the skin, common in puppies. With young children from 2-3 days old can be infected by spreading from their mother.
- Symptom: Red, small, large wounds, causing pet hair loss, skin scabs. In some severe cases, it also causes fever and sepsis.
- Treatment: This disease takes a long time to be successfully treated, which can usually last from 6 months to 1 year. Use the medicine prescribed by your doctor.
8. Foot-and-mouth disease
- ReasonFoot-and-mouth disease is common in pigs, buffaloes and cows caused by viruses of the family Picornaviridae. This disease is serious in nature and can spread very quickly.
- Symptom: Pets often have high fever, loss of appetite, foamy mouth. In the mouth, nose, tongue, upper jaw, nails, and between the toes, blisters appear. When the blisters break open, they form red sores that can easily become infected.
- Treatment: There is no specific medicine. Only measures such as the use of mild antiseptics can be used to disinfect the sores. Increase resistance for pets by supplementing vitamins and minerals.
- Prevent: Cleaning barns, vaccinating animals.
- Reason: Pets are invaded by spiral-shaped bacteria, also known as "spirochetes". This disease is very dangerous and can be spread to humans.
- Symptom: High fever, lethargy, fatigue, loss of appetite
- Treatment: There is currently no medicine to treat this disease, so to avoid this disease, it should be vaccinated periodically.
- Reason: Caused by a single-stranded RNA virus of the genus Lyssavirus
- Symptom: Usually the initial incubation period pets will not show any symptoms. After 3-5 days, there will be strange manifestations such as: barking, biting, agitation, loss of appetite, bloodshot eyes, drooling, foaming at the mouth and a few days later the animal will die.
- Treatment: Currently, there is no cure for rabies.
- Prevent: Routine vaccination candles for pets
Above is a list of common diseases in pets that topnlist has compiled. Hopefully, it will help readers have more experiences in taking care of their pets effectively and stay healthy.
You are viewing the article Top 10 Common Animal Diseases in a good forum General Services of Topnlist. All comments and reviews, please send them directly to Email: email@example.com or you can comment right below the article. Don't forget to share Topnlist's other great articles to everyone!
Tags Care Rabies Non-communicable diseases in pets Leptospirosis Foot-and-mouth disease Infectious diseases in pets What is Infectious Diseases in Pets? Common diseases in livestock Common diseases in pets Causes of infectious diseases in pets Causes of diseases in pets Names of non-communicable diseases in livestock