Not only "cut the heart" of users with its compact design, Homepod - product smart speaker Apple's latest device also has the ability to connect many different "apple" devices as well as owns many interesting functions.
So is HomePod as good as “rumored”? Let's Topnlist Detailed evaluation of the product's functions Homepod speaker this right here.
Experience the HomePod Smart Speaker Function From Apple
1. Stream Music From Spotify, Amazon Music for Homepod
Not only supports the function of playing music from iTunes, users can also use the homepod to play music from other online services such as: Deezer, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music.
How to set up music streaming for homepod:
- Step 1: Click the Devices Available item.
- Step 2: Next, click More Devices – Airplay & Bluetooth.
- Step 3: Click to select the room with the Homepod icon.
Good article to see: Aqara Hub . Central Controller
2. Making Speakers For MAC Computer
Unlike other conventional bluetooth speaker products, Homepod can sync sound perfectly with MAC computer without causing image delay or sound delay.
Connect wirelessly between Homepod and MAC computer with simple steps like:
- Step 1: In the MAC computer, click System Preferences.
- Step 2: In the Sound section select the device with the Homepod icon.
- Step 3: Next, users just need to open Airplay and play music through Homepod.
3. Use Homepod As Homehub For Smart Home Apple Homekit
For Apple Homekit smart home users, the Homepod is a perfect Homehub, because it can be connected to any Apple smart device.
Users can use the Homepod smart speaker product to control any device in the house such as closing/opening the curtain, turning on/off the lights, opening/closing music, opening/closing the door, etc.
4. Use Homepod To Make Calls, Read And Send Messages
Thanks to the support of Siri virtual assistant, users can use Homepod to make calls, read messages and send messages quickly. This is a function that many users appreciate because it only needs to give voice commands without pressing keys.
- Command to read messages: “Hey Siri, read the latest message (from [contact name])”.
- Command to send a message: “Hey Siri, send a message to [contact name]”. Then there is the content of the message to send. Note, the content of the message must be in English.
- Phone call command: “Hey Siri, call [contact name]”.
- Pick up/hang up commands: “Hey Siri, answer my phone” to answer the call, and “Hey Siri, hang up” to end the call.
5. Use Homepod as an Alarm for the Home
Users can completely build a smart home system by themselves with Apple's Homepod speaker device. However, to set up the function as an alarm for the Homepod, users need to pre-install the Homepod feature as a HomeHub first.
How to set up Homepod as home alarm:
- Step 1: Open the Home app on your Apple smartphone.
- Step 2: In the lower right corner of the screen, click the Automation item. Then select the “+” sign on the right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Click on the item A Sensor Detect Sometime.
- Step 4: Select the device as an alarm trigger such as: window, door, .. Then select open to activate the automation and then select next.
- Step 5: Select the item with the corresponding Homepod icon, then select Play Audio – play sound.
- Step 6: Select the sound to play by clicking Choose Audio…
- Step 7: Select the audio album and then select the "+" sign next to the audio you want to use, then click Repeat.
- Step 8: Then customize the volume to the best fit.
- Step 9: After finishing select Back, then select Turn Off and set alarm time.
- Step 10: Finally press Done to complete the installation.
6. Reset Homepod
During use, if you want to refresh the Homepod device as it was at the beginning, or the Homepod has an error, the user can perform a Homepod Reset.
To reset the Homepod can be done in the following 2 ways:
Method 1: Perform a physical reset
- Unplug the power cord for about 5 seconds and then plug it back in.
- When the sensor light ring on the top of the Homepod is red, place your finger on the sensor on the top.
- Hold until you hear 3 small beeps, then release. The Homepod reset is now complete.
Method 2: Perform a reset using the Home app
- Home Pub will appear and work on home app after Homepod is used as Homehub for smart home. At this point, to reset Homepod users just need to do the following steps:
- Open the home app and hold down the Homepod icon.
- Then select Details, then select Remove Accessory to finish.
Related posts: Top Smart Items That Are Trending
7. Limit Access to HomePod
Not only has high security, Homepod also has built-in access restriction feature. This helps increase safety and security for both the device and the house.
- In Homepod select the settings item.
- Next, in the Allow speaker access section, click the appropriate item: Everyone (everyone), Anyone On The Same Network (network users), Only People Sharing this Home (with shared people only).
8. Homepod Automatically Plays Music When User Gets Home
This is one of the interesting features that many users appreciate of Homepod.
How to install:
- Step 1: Select Automation in the Home section.
- Step 2: Add a device by selecting the “+” sign in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Proceed to select People Arrive – when someone comes home.
- Step 4: In the I Arrive section, click on the letter “i”.
- Step 5: Select next and then select the Homepod icon, then select Audio.
- Step 6: Select Play Audio then Choose Audio and select your favorite audio item.
- Step 7: Click Library, then select the playlist and click done.
- Step 8: Go back and press done to finish.
Above Topnlist is already review for you to read the functions of the device Homepod smart speaker from Apple. We hope that the content shared in this article will be useful information to help readers answer your questions. Thanks for taking the time to read our article.