In an era of interconnected services, brand advertising is an important factor to help spread information to consumers. Thereby, the use of decals for packaging is extremely necessary, increasing brand recognition and product characteristics. Below, let's learn about packaging decal knowledge with Topnlist and some notes.
What is Packaging Decal?
Packaging decals are generally similar to other decals, printed on many different materials such as paper, cloth, clear plastic or opaque plastic. Depending on the purpose of use and the gluing surface, the printing process and technique applied will also be different.
The structure of the packaging decal: The packaging decal is composed of 3 layers including:
- Face layer/glue layer: With packaging decal, this is probably the most important layer because it determines the aesthetics of the packaging when pasting. It is often printed with eye-catching motifs, letters, and colors on demand, in accordance with the style of customers and the audience they want to target. This surface is usually waterproof to protect the product's durability and maintain long-term use.
- Glue layer: The glue used is usually a colorless, odorless or slightly pungent glue that has good adhesion to the packaging.
- Glue protective layer: This layer has the effect of protecting the glue layer from being exposed to the outside environment during transportation or unused, usually water resistant.
Uses of packaging decals
Decal packaging is widely used not only because it helps to improve the aesthetics of the product, but beautiful packaging also helps increase the love and memory of customers. Besides, it also helps to distinguish the difference between products and brands, avoiding fake goods, imitation goods, poor quality goods that affect brand reputation.
Notes When Making and Using Packaging Decal
Notes when making packaging decal printing
Due to the variety of sizes, colors and materials of the packaging, this decal also has some notes to keep in mind when making. It is necessary to choose a decal with a face layer that does not change the color of the design when printing. Because aesthetics is a prerequisite when using packaging decals, it is necessary to use materials so that the finished color of the decal will ensure the original shade as the original design.
There are different printing methods, the most common are 3 methods:
- Screen printing: suitable for printing small quantity, moderate size.
- Digital printing – inkjet printing: suitable for printing with the quantity and size of screen printing, for small and medium brands, without needing to print too many packages.
- Offset print: using the most modern printing techniques, used when the demand is high, ensuring the original color in the printing process.
Because packaging decals have an important use in marketing for products, consider carefully when deciding to print finished products from the original design. It is best to test print several versions in advance to choose the most suitable design and size.
Other notes when using
In the process of using, basically this type of decal has no special requirements but just a few small notes. When peeling off the protective layer from the decal to paste the packaging, please avoid the decal from sticking to other surfaces, to avoid reducing the adhesion of the glue layer.
Next, any type of decal will fade more or less depending on the environment, so please store it at room temperature or cool, also to keep the adhesion of the decal for the longest time.
Looking forward to this post, Topnlist has brought to readers useful information about the type of packaging decal. From there, choose a reputable printer and create the most satisfied results.