Waterproof decal is a commonly used material today, because its structure is extremely water resistant, keeping the surface dry and durable. However, due to the water-resistant properties of the material, it is necessary to pay attention to a few details during the printing process so as not to affect the quality of the finished decal.
Please follow the article below of Topnlist for more information please note.
What is Waterproof Decal?
Waterproof decals use materials, glue and printing ink that are extremely water resistant, and can even be soaked in water for a long time without being affected. Prominent in the composition are Vinyl and BOPP (polypropylene) waterproofing agents. Using waterproof decals on products both brings aesthetic effects and saves the cost of re-printing due to damage and peeling.
Structure of waterproof decal:
- Paste layer: is the layer on the outside of the decal, printed with pattern details to create aesthetics. Water-resistant surface, when in contact with water, it will condense into dew drops and drift away, without causing deep penetration.
- Glue layer: colorless, odorless colloidal texture located behind the adhesive layer, capable of adhering firmly to contact surfaces, even in contact with water.
- Glue protective layer: the glue protection layer has the effect of preserving the glue layer when not in use, also equipped with good water resistance.
Types of Waterproof Decals
Clear plastic waterproof decal
Print on both sides: forward and reverse. Clear plastic waterproof decal can see transparent into the product. This type of decal is suitable for printing low-information labels, sticking on bottles, plastic cups or products with the same transparent material, highlighting the inner characteristics of the product.
Opaque plastic waterproof decal
The special feature of opaque plastic material is that it can be printed in many different colors, suitable for a variety of product surfaces such as walls, countertops, cosmetics, etc.
Application of Waterproof Decal
Application to print and paste on product packaging, to promote the brand:
Frozen products: are products that need to be kept cold, exposed to a lot of water in liquid or petrified form. Therefore, customers in the food processing industry in particular and other industries in general often use labels and stickers with good water-resistant materials such as waterproof decals to ensure good adhesion, no tearing, wet.
Products for outdoor use: Using a waterproof decal will prevent the impact of some natural conditions such as rain, wind, dew, etc. on product labels.
Decal imitation leather has high water resistance, is the material for sealing stamps, package information labels, ... in the maritime industry, in order to protect product information from being lost due to water absorption leading to peeling. peeling, deformation.
Applications in housing construction:
Waterproof decals are often used to waterproof, "fire" mold stains on walls and household items.
Experience When Printing Waterproof Decal
- Choose the right type of decal suitable for the product: waterproof decal has different types. Should choose the right type of decal to increase the value of the product. For example, for bottled water products, it is recommended to use clear plastic water-resistant decals with black letters; For paper packaging, it is recommended to print waterproof decals, opaque plastic, white background, etc.
- Choose the right size for the product: it is necessary to determine the correct product size to be consulted by the printer for printing size. Do not print too large or too small to lose the aesthetics and effectiveness of the waterproof decal.
- Select the content shown on the waterproof decal: The balance of the content shown on the decal such as: colors, information, images, .. in accordance with the product design, will create a high aesthetic and promotional effect.
- Choose a reputable and quality printing facility: experience for customers who choose a waterproof decal printing facility for the first time is, choose places that have many years of experience in the profession, many modern machinery and equipment, new printing designs, customer care policies Optimal products, suitable prices. Choosing a printing facility with the above factors will help you feel secure, save a lot of effort and cost.
Here are the tips to do print waterproof decal mà Topnlist provided for you to read, hopefully the article is somewhat useful for choosing your decal printing.