1. Need to understand the characteristics of natural and artificial stones
To choose the right stone for your purpose, you first need to understand the characteristics of each type. This way, the new interior design brings high efficiency, bringing luxurious beauty to your living space.
For natural stones:
- Advantages: beautiful, high hardness, low permeability, can be used for abrasive, abrasive locations such as stairs, floors, facades ...
- Disadvantages: high price, natural stone is usually porous and soft. For waterproofing must be constructed carefully. Hard rock, so the construction process is also more difficult because it is very fragile, chipping and difficult to find similar products. Color fastness is not long.
note: The more beautiful the natural stone is, the less intense the force is, and it is easy to absorb water. Stones with a beautiful pattern should be used to wall. Use natural granite to flooring because of good strength, beautiful.
For artificial stones:
- Advantages: waterproof, with bendable flexibility to be creative, resistant to dirt and corrosion, easy to clean, hygienic, cheaper price.
- Disadvantages: When exposed to high temperature environments, artificial stones are susceptible to impact and fade.
2. Select stone material
After understanding the characteristics of the rocks, homeowners will rely on it to choose the right material for each purpose of their use. Using natural or artificial stone has its own advantages and disadvantages. So in addition to the purpose of using you should pay attention to your funding to choose the right type of stone.
Some suggestions for choosing a stone for a suitable purpose:
- Marble: Should be used as a tea table surface, decorative wall tiles or TV wall tiles ...
- Granite and granite: floor tiles, bar, stairs.
- Limestone: panels, tiles, statues, decorative reliefs, ...
- Natural and artificial onyx piercing stone: ceiling tiles, walls,…
- Compound marble: low cost, suitable for making bathtubs or lavabos and other bathroom furniture.
- Solid surface stone: used in kitchen design…
3. Use stone interiors combined with light to create a good effect
The stone interior design combined with the lighting system will increase the aesthetic value for your home. If using stone furniture without light will make the space become cold, more lonely and very unsightly.
The most ideal place for arranging stone furniture is where there is plenty of natural light such as the edge of the balcony, windows, doors. In some cases where your home space lacks natural light, use the lighting system with the help of LED strip lights, reflectors to make living space become more sparkling.
Besides, the combination of stone furniture and the effect of sunlight also creates a heat therapy effect to help homeowners relax and dispel fatigue.
4. Balance the space by combining other natural materials
In order to create a balance for the whole, in addition to using stone furniture, architects need to know how to combine other materials to create harmony. Can cleverly combine stone furniture with furniture made from other cozy natural materials (wooden floors, wooden boards, wool carpets, cotton packages, ...) to make your living space become complete. more perfect.
5. Selecting stone colors
Whether natural stone or industrial stone will have many colors, so choose the color that best suits the overall space.
White stone: Very suitable for modern interior design style. With spaces with limited use of this stone will create a sense of brilliance, open space and more luxurious.
Stone patterned and motifs: Should be used to create accents for the room. When choosing a pattern, a pattern should pay attention to the design style, in harmony with the space.
Wood-colored stones: Seemingly applicable to every style of design. Helps create a cozy, rustic and closer feeling.
Stone texture with few textures: Suitable for homeowners who love simplicity and elegance but still express elegance and nobility.
Blue stone: This is the perfect choice for young families. Blue will help bring freshness and positive energy and confidence to homeowners.
6. Create a highlight for the space thanks to the decorative stone items
It is possible to create accents for spaces with stone items with unique patterns and colors such as tea tables, wall tiles, dining tables, etc. It will help the space become luxurious, bright and level. more level. Not only that, all family members will also feel comfortable and full of energy.
7. Get help from professional stone furniture design units
Designing stone furniture to suit the living space is not easy without understanding them. If the wrong choice will affect the aesthetics, comfort of your family and can be costly. So find yourself a professional interior stone design unit for advice and additional support offline.